Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Avoiding deployment woes

How do you avoid the unavoidable? The nonavoidableness? Nonavoidably? In any case, I've been trying but now I'm obsessed. I've never been a "moto" wife but I find myself watching moto movies daily and trying to resist the urge to comment 'oorah' on my friends' status updates about how their loved ones companies are coming home.
Not only did my husband miss the last, and most exciting part of not only my pregnancy (kicking and spinning. Very entertaining!) AND birth.. Did I mention BIRTH! Of our first born and possibly only child? Yeah, well now first birthday is in jepordy. First steps.. First Christmas where he is actually able to open gifts. Actual name recognition (mom! dad! cat! aahhhnee (Which would prob. mean auntie, lol).
I lost my train of thought. I suppose all of stress and hard times that we have gone through and are about to face again has got me a little more proud of my husband and his job in the Marine Corps then usual. Dont get me wrong. I have always been proud! I hang my flags. I say "My husband is a Marine" with my shoulders back and chin up. Those camis and blues are definitely something to drool over. Sometimes that's half the charm of the corps. When they are gone for so long and you finely get a photo of the man you miss more then your heart can handle in dirty tan digitals surrounded by camo and fencing and big impressive guns. Tends to get you a little.
Anyways, he came home yesterday saying he could be getting deployed late this year. He will most likely be training the month of Noah's birthday. Blah blah. I didn't want to hear it. I still dont. Hopefully it will change. We thought he was going on a MEU.. that changed. Now this. Idk. Until his name is on a list I shouldn't worry. But I still do. I don't want him to leave. I don't want him to miss Noah's milestones. I don't want to worry every single second for 7 months straight.
He isnt on a list yet and I miss him already.
Semper Gumby. Always flexable.

No comments:

Post a Comment