Monday, February 7, 2011

Good nutrition with a side of confusion

Is nothing safe anymore? That's what I like to know. If you are what you eat, then why am I not eating better? I am thirsty for more knowledge about food but I'm honestly ending up a little more confused then when I'm started. I suppose you have to take all information with a bit of salt... Or is salt not ok? in moderation you say? O.k. I get it.. I think?

Cooked veggies, steamed veggies, organic vs. non organic (organic doesn't matter?), "Free range" chicken is'nt free range?? FDA is'nt our friend? (Any company can just purchase an "FDA approval")

So what am I supposed to believe? What ever happened to good old 'farm your food your self'. Raise the chickens. Raise the cows. Have a good nutritional meal every day from your hard work (yay exercise), good soil and a quality meal your body can rely on.

I'm getting back to a healthy lifestyle again. I almost forgot I'm a Holistic Health Practitioner there for awhile. It's going to be hard to stop the addiction of sugar and over processed things that I have been noming for a long time now. And to top the difficulty, my husband hates anything veggie. Oh boy. 

2 comments:

  1. Gonna have to season up the veggies with some herbs to get him to chow down on 'em. A little flavor can fix anything.

    Funny you write this today, I am having broiled asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper for lunch just now. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny that you are writing this. Sage and I constantly talk about this point. I love vegatarian meals and Sage is just like your husband. lol. I've been trying to get back to eating better myself (I lost track of it this last year and packed on some unwanted poundage)...
    To the Mother's/Wives who try hard to make eating healthier!!

    ReplyDelete